My thrift store Christmas continues. As well as the potholder kit, I also found a Candlewicking ornament kit for 50 cents. I've heard of Candlewicking before, but I've never tried it so I grabbed the kit as well.
When I opened it up I discovered the stitches where mostly french knots, with lazy daisies, stem stitch and padded satin stitches. Nothing new, I've done all those before.
A quick trip to Wikipedia revealed that Candlewicking is traditionally done on muslin with a thread that could be braided into candle wicks. So, the name is more for the materials and style and not the stiches themselves.
So, while the dog slept I started stitching. I didn't get the ornaments completed, but I made a good start. I'll get my ornaments for next year done early. Maybe.
Those are padded satin stitches and I've only done the first pass, so they will look better when complete.