I needed 2 more blocks to finish the gray version of the quilt. I ended up making simple 9 patch/half square triangle blocks. One is the yellow block in the lower left.
Here it is closer up. When I made the half square triangles I had the red fabric going the wrong way so you are seeing the backside of the fabric. So the red in the triangles is a little lighter than the red in the center. It wasn't worth redoing.
The other corner has a blue block and I managed to get the front of all the fabrics showing.
So, here's what it looks like almost complete.
And here's the blue version of the quilt.
I've got the backing and the batting for the gray quilt (the backing is in the washer now) and I'm working on the thread to use for quilting and how to quilt it.
They are too big for me to free-motion quilt. I don't have the space. As it is, quilting with the walking foot will be a challenge. These tops deserve some fancier quilting. But, first I have some basting to do.
I also have a baby quilt to make so that's next in my queue. I'll use it as warm up for the quilting.