For this prospectors, I tried something different. I had beeen working on a class, of various techniques, where my work was being evaluated. The front needed to look as nice as the back and the stitches needed to be properly lined up.
In response to that I went totally free form. My cross stitches cross every which way. Sometimes I go over 2, 3 or 4 threads depending on how I feel. I picked and changed colors at random, keeping each window in it's own color scheme, with a touch of contrast.
I added a quick quilted border and was done.
This has become one of my favorite methods of designing - picking up needle and floss and stitching to see what happens. It doesn't work all the time and I have come up with some different designs this way.