For a holiday diversion I decided to experiment with hexagons. I had seen this technique demonstrated years ago and kept in the back of my mind. First, you start with strip sets and then cut at 60 degree angles to form hexagons. I don't have the special ruler but I managed it with my standard ruler.
Then came the fun, making hexagons. I happened to make enough hexagons so they fit together into a bigger hexagon - just the right size for a table topper.
All that needs to be done is to finish sewing the binding on. Hopefully, that will be done by next weekend.
In the meantime, I'm thinking up more quilts that I could make with this technique.