Note: There's a blizzard outside. There is no decent light for a picture. So, I went wild with Photoshop trying different brightness/contrast and hue settings. The colors are in no way accurate.
It is so much fun to start a new project. This one was my last spring project. I stitched a small sample (above) and then started the fabric prep for the real project. That involved withdrawing almost 400 threads from a large piece of small count linen. I finished the withdrawing the day before the Colorado class started. Both projects were going on the same stretcher bars so I put it aside and started Colorado. I never suspected Colorado would take so long to finish.
Yes, that means Colorado is done. I removed it from the stretcher bars a few days ago and put the Naversom linen on.
I savored the start of the project. One night I turned the raw edges in. The second night I put it on the bars. Last night I reviewed the text trying to remember how the stitching is done. Today I get to take my first stitch!
The design I am doing is by Phyllis Maurer at www.ethnicfiberart.com/. However, the website isn't working right now.