I've started on a small portable kit as portable kit as a travel project. I'll admit, I haven't done a kit like this in a while and I did toss the plastic canvas it came with and substituted an indigo blue Aida (which matches the background color eliminating 1/3 of the stitches).
There were 2 greens in the kit so I separated them out and matched them to forest green (the darker green) and emerald green (the lighter green) on the chart and started stitching. It didn't quite look right and I don't have the picture of the finished piece so I kept on stitching.
Then I moved to the next section and looked up the next color: apple green. Darn, I missed a green. Closer inspection under brighter light revealed that I had two darker greens mixed together.
My eyes are getting old. I think the middle green is emerald and the one on the right is forest. So, I'm ripping out and starting the greens over.
They were generous with the thread so I shouldn't run out. And I think the leaves will work out much better with the correct forest and emerald greens.