I have now completed my first Mug Rug swap through StitchMap. Luckily I was 95% done when I hurt my hand.
I waited till almost the last minute hoping for the best. No such luck. I taped my hand and finished the binding with no ill effects. Still, I'm going back to not stitching for a while longer.
Cathy seemed open to anything so I took the small stack of leftovers and one oops from my last quilt and started arranging. There were too many for one mug rug but if I left one out I had just the right amount.
I liked the S shape so that's the arrangement I chose. I was going to do more embellishing, but there wasn't room. I was expecting more margins. So, I kept it simple with rick rack.
The one left over flying goose did have margins, so for my mug rug (I couldn't mail it, it was too small to meet the swap requirements) I went crazy.
Yep, two sizes of rick-rack and ribbons. There will probably be more when it's done. But, the finishing can wait for another day now that the major deadline has been met.