The next two blocks are set on point and finish to 10 inches.
The first very similar to the 25 patch I did earlier except that it is on point and has 41 pieces!
It is pieced exactly the same way except for the triangles at the edges. The original block had white with red polka fabric in the center and edges and I managed to find a similar fabric. Notice how the light squares are different fabrics? The original quilt was the same way. I think it makes the finished block more fun. In the original, all the fabrics were white with different spot patterns. Most of the reproductions that I found used a cream or ecru background and I wish that I had found more whites.
I really had fun with the modern version. I used some of the black dots that I found that weren't right for the traditional block and kept the same color placements.
The next block is very similar and looks like it would be easier to piece. It wasn't.
It's called the Album block. Imagine a whole quilt with this block and each one with a signature in the center. This block could certainly be autographed but the one in the quilt I'm copying wasn't signed so this one isn't signed either.
The problem with piecing the block is that there are no seams to match up. I ended up folding the strips in half to make a crease and then lined up the creases and pinned, hoping that they didn't drift too much. With the contrast of red and white any errors would be glaring. I think the upper right corner is slightly off, but not too bad.
My modern version is really subtle. I'm withing I'd stuck with brighter fabrics. But, the quilting ought to make the design pop more.