I picked out the threads for this canvas back in December and have been slowly stitching away.
It contains cotton, silk and wool threads and many french knots. I found myself digging out old canvas pieces that I could steal stitches from. The canvas thread count was low so I had to use diagonal stitches which covered the canvas better. And for the flowers, lots of french knots.
To finish it, I trimmed to 4 threads beyond the stitching and 2 layers of quilt batting and a larger piece of backing fabric behind. I simply folded the edges around to make a binding.
For a hanger, I added a plastic ring and a ribbon to the back and its now hanging on the wall.
I have many works in progress and they are all getting done at about the same time. So, more finishes soon.