It's been a long journey but I finally finished the Naversom Doily. The instructions and pattern came from Phyllis Maurer At Ethic Fiber Art.
I started over a year ago stitching a smaller sample. Then it took about 3 months to prepare the fabric for the bigger one. At that time, I took a class that used my stretcher bars. So, I waited until last month for the other project to get done.
Once I was able to start it took a month to finish.
I really like the finished product but I don't like the prep work. I think I'm going to try to come up with a way to avoid the prep work.
In the mean time, I've now completed my 2011 needlework goals and am starting to think about what I'd like to accomplish in 2012.
No more big new projects. I want to finish up some of the kits and patterns I've collected. And get back to designing new patterns. And finish those quilt projects that I haven't touched since the holidays.